Sunday, December 7, 2008

A few things making me happy today...

Recalling an experience I had earlier this week with Kate at the New Haven tree lighting celebration. They had a little ride for kids, the kind where they sit in a little train or boat and it goes around in a circle. It went around pretty fast and they were only strapped in with a little buckle so I assumed Kate would be too afraid to ride it. As soon as Kate saw her friend Peter on the ride our conversation went like this:
"Train, mama, train."
"Yeah, see Peter on the train?"
"Train, my turn."
"You want to ride the train Kate? Are you sure? You have to go all by yourself, mommy can't go with you."
"Yeah! Excited!"
"And it goes fast and you have to go all by yourself. Are you sure?"
"Train! Excited!"

We waited in line for a few minutes and I kept waiting for her to back out. I was sure as soon as we got up there and I walked away she would cry and change her mind. Nope. No hesitation at all. Then I was afraid as soon as the train jolted off, she would get scared and start crying. No. She LOVED it! She squealed so loud and laughed the entire way around and around. She was sad when her turn was over. I keep remembering those squeals and it's still making me very happy.
This self portrait I attempted to take earlier today and the little girl inside that bump. Er, mountain?

The snow we woke up to this morning. Dead trees look much more beautiful covered with snow.

This picture. It's on the desktop of our computer and it makes me smile every time I look at it.
The Christmas tree display we saw last night. And the good food we ate afterward. Kate surprised us with her new love of chicken curry and garlic nan.

What is making you happy today?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Becca said...

Kate is the best. And, Jill, you are rockin-- I wish I could look like that while pregnant.

Where were the trees? Looks pretty.

Trisha said...

Yours is a bump, mine is a mountain. The doctor just told me to slow down the weight gain (is that possible with the holidays?) I need to follow your diet!