We took Kate to Disneyland for the first time this past week. She has seen pictures of Mickey Mouse before and can spot the Princesses when she sees them, so I thought she would love it. And if you look at these pictures you might think she did.

The truth is she loved looking at the ducks at Disneyland. And maybe that Mimi and Papa were there, but that's about it. Most of the time her face held the expressions in the photos below. Confused, overstimulated and a little afraid. There were some tears and I heard more than a few times, "Mommy, can we go home now?" I think we'll have to wait another year for her to appreciate Disneyland. And seeing it through her eyes I realized that Pinocchio is pretty dark. For now we'll stick to trips to the playground and ducks in the park. That's really all she needs to make her happy.

Some of us enjoyed Disneyland a bit more than Kate. We went on my birthday, so I got in for free. They gave me a big pin to wear that said "Happy Birthday Jill" and every employee I passed wished me a Happy Birthday. All day long I was hearing it--I felt so special! People would shout it to me across lines and when I was getting off rides. It was great!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Jill! What a way to celebrate! I know that Pete would feel the same reservations about Disneyland.
Glad that you all are settling into California! I'm sure you are loving that the grandparents are nearby! nice!
I think a lot of the kiddie rides are pretty scary for kids. I get a little scared on Snow white still. Happy birthday!
We miss you guys! It looks like you are having a blast. Maybe if we'd included some disney characters into the nursery Kate would've had a better time. We'll have to remember that for the future :)
Post a Comment