Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January Highlights

Surprisingly, January flew by! Maybe it's the warmish weather that helps these winter months not to drag like I can remember in the past. A few highlights from the month:
A visit from Grumsi (Grandpa Ron's nickname). We all loved seeing him--especially the girls.
Paul's cousins wedding. Kate was in HEAVEN. A bride that looks just like a princess? And there is dancing? She loved it. Above she is clapping at a toast and below interrupting the bride and groom's first dance. Not sure if they loved that, but she sure did. Now she tries to convince every little boy she plays with that they need to get married. Thankfully, she has a few uncles and a Papa that will oblige.
Happy Birthday, Paul! The only documentation of Paul's birthday is a photo of the german chocolate cake that I slaved over baked. It really was delicious!  We celebrated on his birthday at the movies. We saw Avatar and while I was skeptical at first, we both loved it.
A photo of Kate at the lunch table during one of our many conversations. She's a pretty good lunch date and loves to talk!

We had lots and lots of rain=big puddles to play in.
Paul, Gwen and I snuck away for the day up to LA. We made a stop at The Getty and it was gorgeous. Pretty architecture, scenic (though somewhat smoggy) veiws of LA and great exhibits and gardens.
These were a few of my favorites. Love the bench, and that bed!! Can you imagine sleeping in that? And I'm no art historian, but I loved the fruit still life. Up close the details were amazing.
And finally, in our efforts to enjoy the outdoors more (especially since we are able to most days out of the year) we picked up a bike trailer on Craiglist. It has already provided hours of fun. It's been a great way to get out and see a bit more of the neighborhood. I can't say that walks in western suburbs are very exciting, but a bike gets us around a bit easier. And the last photo just makes me laugh. This is pretty much what Gwen looks like the entire ride. Sweet baby, a proper fitting helmet is in the mail!
Now on to February! We may even travel to see some snow...

2 comments:

Becca said...

Ah, love the Getty! Looks like a great month--nice cake, Jill!

We got a bike trailer for Christmas, but it's still in the box, waiting for the snow to melt.

Have a great snowy trip! Where to?

Grant said...

I love the bike trailer. Great idea getting it off Craigslist.