Sunday, June 6, 2010

Las Vegas

Jacki and I lived next door to each other in the dorms freshman year of college. She's a small town girl from Montana and one of the most genuine people I know--we were instant friends. We stayed best friends and were roomates all through college and because she's moved back to that small town in Montana, I rarely see her.  When she told me she was going to be in Las Vegas for a couple of days I decided to pack up the girls and meet her there!  It was an adventure. The girls behaved well and put up with lots of walking and stroller time. Hopefully I didn't increase their chances of lung cancer too much with all the second hand smoke that is Las Vegas--it's really no place for kids!  They did have a little fun, too and I loved seeing Jacki.
tired kids on a HOT day

Highlights of the trip: Seeing Jacki, her husband Kyle and meeting their sweet--and incredibly well behaved--10 month old, Connor. The fountains at Bellagio, M&M world where Gwen must have said "More" about 1000 times as she ate m&m's. She's got that word down. Swimming at the Mandalay Bay and seeing the Shark encounter. Dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Lions at MGM and lots of lights!
Random side note. I checked out this audio book from the library to listen to on the drive and loved it!

3 comments:

jamie said...

ya'll are both the best roomies!

Maria said...

Jacki you have the most adorable little boy!

Matt and Rachel Bowden said...

I like Kate's dress. Gwen and Kate are some pretty adorable girls.