Sunday, May 6, 2012

April


April was a fun, busy month. General Conference weekend kicked it off. The girls helped me plan our "General Conference Party" Breakfast. We made it extra fancy with our favorite sourdough waffles, orange juice and bacon. The girls loved it. Our activity for the party was dying Easter eggs. The girls discovered they like hard boiled eggs. They think it's hilarious to eat the egg and hope to find a baby chick inside the special golden center. I love the deviled egg sandwiches.

Easter morning was highly anticipated and the Easter bunny did not disappoint. We did a little Easter egg hunt in the morning, ate GG's famous cinnamon rolls for breakfast, went to church and enjoyed the Easter service and then went to Mimi and Papa's for more food, fun and Easter egg hunts. The girls were in heaven with all of their cousins. Kate jumped for joy when she found the special golden egg with $5. When asked what she was going to do with her money she said "Put it in my piggy bank, of course". Paul was pretty happy about that. 
 

Sweet sisters in their Easter outfits. When they aren't calling each other "blabbers" and stealing each others toys with maybe a few pushes thrown in, they really are best friends.
 
 

I went to a Women's Conference yesterday at our church and heard a talk given by a lady who just lost her husband to cancer at age 43. It was heartbreaking, but in her talk she mentioned how before their trial and loss with cancer, she was happy doing the ordinary things. That her regular ordinary life summed up to something extraordinary. As I looked through my pictures from April, I feel so much gratitude for the ordinary things we get to do. Because really, I'm happy doing those ordinary things. So here are a few photos of our ordinary April activities.
 

Beautiful roses, digging in the garden, making jam, lunch outside with my girls, painting fence posts, hot chocolate on a rainy afternoon, snow cones at Spring Fling, bubbles outside, washing baby dolls with Gwen at Mom and Me school, playing with snails, polka dot finger nails.
 

This picture is one of my favorites. I took it of our new rug to send to my mother in law, but notice the naked bum in the corner? Gwen loves to be a "nudey" as she calls it.

We spent an afternoon with friends at the tide pools in Corona Del Mar, one of the most beautiful beaches near us.

And I was spoiled with a quick trip to Utah for BYU Women's Conference. It was two days of fun friends, good food, inspirational classes, a sunset hike to the Y and staying up too late. It was a blast.
 

2 comments:

Becca said...

What a fun, full month, Jill! And I agree--our days may be busy with the kids, but we are busy doing sweet things! I'm still sad to have missed Women's Conference this year, but I am hoping for next year! We can do it!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Your girls are too cute for words and their easter dresses are killing me!! So darn cute! Looks like you guys had a super fun April! You are such a good mommy, Jill. :)