Friday, January 10, 2014

Christmas Day


No excitement can match that of a 4 and 6 year old on Christmas morning. It's one of the best perks of being a parent. We had so much fun on Christmas morning with the girls. They were patient and waited in their room until 7, although I think they were awake much earlier than that. We watched the nativity video and had a family prayer before going downstairs. They were oohing and aahing over the presents and were so excited to find their names on so many of them! 

Here is a sequence of photos taken while Kate was opening her much anticipated nerf rebelle bow and arrow. I'm not sure why it was so hyped up, but she's been talking about it for a month before Christmas. It was so fun to watch her open it and jump up and down! She slept with it that night and carried it around for days after Christmas. But now, I'm not sure if she's touched it since New Years Day...





Gwen got another version of the girly nerf gun to play with Kate and was equally as excited. The grandma's gave her the favorite gifts. She loves her bitty baby blender and cash register.







This girl was happy to be part of the excitement.




Make over time with new make up sets.


Gwen got new pink cowgirl boots she's worn every day since Christmas. I secretly want a pair.



We played and feasted and had a relaxing Christmas.


And really this girl was all I wanted for Christmas. She has been such a joy.

No comments: