all week I've had different things on my mind to write about. and each day has come and gone and i never get around to writing that blog post I've been thinking about. so here is the bullet point version of all those posts I've had floating around in my head. Because we have accomplished a few things this week...

like dress-up and dancing. I never realized dancing was innate. She just hears the music and goes. Complete with tutu and princess wand.

sleeping. at least one of us is getting some.

cooking and eating. we're eating mostly vegetarian lately. I say
mostly because after the pork tenderloin with blackberry reduction sauce that we ate at a friends house last night, I don't think we will ever give meat up completely. Our new favorite lunch is a panini with roasted peppers, mushrooms, hummus and avocado. It's better than any deli meat I've had.

and plenty of holding, staring and giggling. we try to do this as much as possible.

I've also discovered a new-to-me website that some of my friends with small people in their lives might be interested in: simplemom.net. As I'm learning to find balance between all of my new and old responsibilities and roles of wife, mother, 20-something, story teller, child of God, nurse, nose-wiper, housekeeper, healthy human being, food source and well,
me, a few articles I've appreciated reading lately:
here,
here,
here and
here.
4 comments:
Looks like things are going great in New Haven. We miss Kate! We can't wait to play and catch up!
I read simplemom sometimes, too. I love it!
Can you email me some of your favorite vegitarian meals you guys enjoy. I am trying to have our family eat less, but my sister has been helping with the cooking and a lot of her recipes are heavy on the meat. . .
you should try veggie burritos... I will try to remember to post it on my food blog with in the next week. If not, remind me. Gwen looks like Paul - you think?
Jill, you are such a wonderful example of a mama who is super fun, creative and organized! Thanks for posting the links to simplemom.net, those articles are really great!
Post a Comment