Sunday, September 27, 2009

my girls

Kate:
-no more diapers! thanks to coercion with Diego stickers and promise of a Princess dress... she's getting close!
-is very complimentary. "I like your white teeth" is a favorite of hers
-loves nursery. most mornings she asks "Is it Sunday today?"
-is in to pretend play. most days she is going to school at BYU or on a boat ride
-knows her shapes and colors
-is working on learning the sounds of her letters. She has made some progress, although right now most letters say "Ba"
-still asks when we are going home to our house on Cottage Street
-informs me that gwen is crying by saying "Mom, Gwen is mad at you again"
-other favorites: popsicles, El Pollo Loco, Diego music (a CD we picked up at the library that I can't wait to return!), the park, snuggling before bed, the red trolley car in seal beach
-is always looking out for her little sis. whenever we start getting ready to leave the house, she always asks "Can Gwen come too?"

Gwen:
-is getting huge. really fast.
-sits up and scoots around. the stationary baby phase is ending. sigh
-has her 2 bottom teeth
-still snorts when she laughs
-sleeps through the night... although is often woken up by her sister too early!
-likes to chew on everything
-loves having a big sister to entertain her. i love that part too.
-verdict is still out on her eye color. probably not blue, but not really brown either. hazel, maybe?
-has red hair coming in
-started eating food. just rice cereal so far. and a few of kate's fruity cheerios that she lunged for today in church.
I love my sidekicks.

4 comments:

Becca said...

GO KATE! Nice potty training action, Jill! I am in awe.

great update!

Wendy Chang said...

Yah for Kate! When they are ready, it's actually a pretty smooth transition. We'll definitely have to come out to visit when we're in Cali. My brother and his family are moving to Cali next year, so there'll be plenty of opportunities.

Maria said...

I need to meet Gwen!!! They are so cute. I love that they were playing in the crib!

Unknown said...

what darling photos. Yay for patty training.