Friday, January 8, 2010

here and there

a few random bits of our lives lately...
almost daily kate gets into the bin of clothes that she has outgrown and puts them on again. it's like she's found a lost friend. "Mom, I'm all dressed. Where are we going now?"

Kate got a shiny, new (to her) red tricycle that she is in love with. I think it's adorable (both her and the trike). Gwen, shown below, feels very left out.

I love this photo of her.

We went to Irvine Regional Park last Saturday (and then on to Cafe Rio--now in CA. delicious!) and visited their little zoo.

Kate loves looking at the animals, as long as they don't get too close. In the photo below I think she was trying to decide what she thought of the goat peering out at her between the slats in the fence. Back away slowly.


Kate's art installation of the night. Feeding dolls and bears a four course meal.

Gwen waving hello from the Cerritos Library. One of the coolest libraries I've been to (well, doesn't really top the Sterling, but it has a children's section).

We were given really last minute tickets to see Mary Poppins in LA. We found a babysitter on a few hours notice and loved the show. I've seen it before in NYC and it was just as good the second time. We also sat a few rows back from Tom, Katie and Suri. It's always fun to spot celebrities. And they both look just as good in real life.
The end.

3 comments:

Mattie said...

To bad Josh and I couldn't have been the last minute babysitters the night of mary poppins! Josh says we're following you to california asap! Thanks for taking the lead, you make it look amazingly fun... maybe it's the two adorable girls!

Maria said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun. How cool to see Tom and Kate and Suri.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I finally found your blog!! It's so cute! I really want to see Mary Poppins! My parents saw it in New York and said it was amazing! :) It was so fun to see you guys last weekend! Your kids are adorable!