Monday, January 17, 2011

Utah

The alarm rang at 4:45 am last Friday. By 6 am we were at the airport checking in. At 9 am we landed in Salt Lake City and by 10:30 am we were on the slopes at Park City Resort! We took advantage of their deal to ski free when you present a boarding pass from a flight that same day. It was also Paul's 30th (!) birthday--the reason for our trip.

Matt and Rachel (above on the lift and below on the slopes) were our generous hosts and tour guides. We had a lot of fun with them!



Working on the lift--the blackberry is always there!
Action shots. This one of Matt below has a funny story. Matt learned to ski as an adult. Actually, Rachel taught him and he went along with it to impress her while they were dating. He's really good now and loves to ski. I think the only fall he had during our 2 days of skiing was when I was trying to take his picture. He thought he'd show off and spray me with snow until it backfired and he fell! Maybe next time, Matt!


The Utah mountains are gorgeous! It had been 4 years since I have been snowboarding, 2 for Paul, and we were happy that it's just like riding a bike! We are excited for our kids to learn to ski--all the little skiers and snowboarders were adorable. Hopefully we will get them to the mountains soon. We left the 30 degree weather in Utah for 80 degree weather in Seal Beach. Trying to decide what I like better!

7 comments:

Maria said...

Wish we could have been there!

Kayla said...

I miss snowboarding!! I am so Jealous you got to go in utah!!!

Becca said...

Jill, ah, be still my heart. Shane and I just went skiing in Vermont for MY birthday last weekend--31! We missed Utah skiing so much and would have much preferred skiing with you guys out there. Way to take advantage of a great day on the mountain! And Happy Birthday, Paul, you young whipper snapper!

Tammy said...

Ooooh! Skiing fun! I love it. We've been contemplating what to do for our anniversary this year, and one idea was to have a park city ski trip. These pictures made me want to do it.
Happy birthday to Paul!

Daniel and Emily Munns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel and Emily Munns said...

Did you sing Paul some Nelly Furtado on the lifts??

Jill said...

Emily! I thought about you and missed you! And yes, you better believe I had Nelly Furtado in my head!