Wednesday, August 24, 2011

GG and Gramps turn 92

I hope that if I am still living at 92, I can do it as gracefully and beautifully as GG and Gramps do. They are such a fun couple, still loving and enjoying life together after 70 years of marriage and at 92 years old! They are constantly reminding me of the important things in life. A few of my favorite memories of them:
  • Going to spend the night at their house when I was younger and playing in Grandmas jewelry box and wearing her red lipstick. I still remember the night I ate so many of her dumplings I made myself sick.
  • I remember walking over to visit with her Sunday afternoons as a teenager and she always was interested in my life.
  • They love to play cards and would get so rowdy over a good game of Hearts. I owe my awesome Heart playing skills to them.
  • Grandma and her baking. I love her cinnamon rolls, carrot cake, oatmeal cookies and brownies.
     
  • Gramps says the most poetic prayers.
  • Gramps will kiss you right on the lips.
  • He sings "The Twelve Days of Christmas" with gusto, especially the "five golden rings" phrase.
  • They love baseball and jeopardy. Don't bother them when either of those are on TV.
  • They've got the candy house and my two girls now know and love them for that. There is always at least 5 full bowls of candy at their house. I'm hoping I can eat like them and live to 92.
There are many more good memories and fun facts about them. It was fun celebrating with them last week.




 Ladder ball. Have you tried this? It's fun and addicting. My consistency needs work, though!




 

 

 Balloons, swimming, BBQ and birthday cake. And while I didn't get a picture of Gramps--he was definitely there! Happy Birthday! We love you!

 

 

 

1 comment:

Josh said...

I love the picture with Gwen and the chocolate cup cake. That is what life is all about, family, friends, swimming, summer, and chocolate!