We do have some progress! Things are starting to come together and it's very exciting!
The current debate... to refinish/repair the upstairs wood floors or not?
There is old wood floor on the second floor in all the bedrooms. We are currently debating if we should refinish them and have wood floor in the bedrooms or just lay carpet. We keep going back and forth... what would you do?
Wood floor
Pros: cheaper, looks better, better for allergies
cons: cold, loud (especially when you are downstairs and hear people walking upstairs), harder to clean, takes a bit longer so it may push our move in date later
Carpet
Pros: softer, warmer, less noise, nice for kids to play on, no mopping!
cons: more expensive, doesn't look as nice, traps dust
Opinions??
Wood floor
Pros: cheaper, looks better, better for allergies
cons: cold, loud (especially when you are downstairs and hear people walking upstairs), harder to clean, takes a bit longer so it may push our move in date later
Carpet
Pros: softer, warmer, less noise, nice for kids to play on, no mopping!
cons: more expensive, doesn't look as nice, traps dust
Opinions??

6 comments:
we did carpet in our rooms and I kind of regret it... it is warmer on your feet, but really, howcold does it get in CA. It is already has spots on it after 2 years. I would go with wood. It is a hard choice though! Is that first picture of your house? It is SO cute! we will ahve to come over once you get it all done!
Jill, how fun to see glimpses of your new place! Hooray! I know that you will make your home beautiful!
Now that we've lived in with wood floors these past 7 years, I don't think I can go back. The one year we lived in Utah, we had carpet upstairs, and it was ok, except for when Peter got the flu and we had to deal with yucky, yucky carpet by his bed. I didn't love that. And I really think that the air quality is better in our home with wood. Perhaps I should mop more, but I mop maybe once every other month and just zip the swiffer through the house every week and spot clean in the kitchen, and it actually stays ok. Good luck with these big decisions! Keep the pics coming on the blog!!!
Jill - I would keep the wood floors and put padded remnant area carpets down. That's what we have in the bedrooms and it's the best of both worlds. Cannot wait to see your new place!!
I am so excited for you guys! I say do wood floors and invest in some nice area rugs for comfort and softness. Wood floors are so beautiful and better for allergies. Rugs also add a lot of style and character so it would be a win win in my opinion. I pretty much repin everything on your Pinterest because I love your syle! Can't wait to see how it all turns out!
congrats on the new house! exciting! can't wait to see pi tures of it. as for wood floors or not, man that's a toughy. i so prefer the look of wood, but know what you mean about them being loud and cold. but since they are upstairs, how much "living" will you be doing up there? How often will people be upstairs while others are downstairs to hear the loud floors? i think you've gotta keep them wood! good luck!
I would keep the wood floors since they are already there and it's cheaper. I bet it will look really pretty!
Post a Comment