Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Day


There is nothing like the excitement of Christmas morning as a child. It was so fun to watch the girls anticipate Christmas. Fortunately they are very easy to please and exclaimed after every gift "Just what I wanted! I love it!"  It was a lot of fun. Surprisingly I was the first one up in the house. I started rolling around at 4 am wondering what time the girls would wake up and would we have enough time for presents and getting ready for church. Finally about 6 I quietly got up to get myself ready for church. Kate came running in at 7, so excited that it was finally Christmas!  We felt bad waking a sleeping Gwen who had been up so late the night before, so we let Kate tip toe downstairs to see what was in her stocking.


Santa surprised her with a very special treat of Lucky Charms to eat for breakfast. She ate them while we waited for Gwen to wake up. Finally about 7:45 Gwen came running downstairs with her backpack on, proclaiming she was ready to open presents!

We had church at 9 so we put out the Santa gifts for the girls to open and saved the gifts from Mom and Dad for after church. We told them when we got home from church we had a special surprise and walked out with another pile of presents to open. They couldn't believe there were more! It was sweet.  We had an uplifting musical program at church and were happy to come home after an hour to eat cinnamon french toast.




Favorite presents were Kate's pink diary, Polly Pockets from Mimi and new slippers.




Paul got this photo of me filming the girls. They were soo fun to watch, I had to get some of it on video.  After a nap in front of the fireplace (me) and some art projects for the girls, we went over to Mimi and Papa's for salads and sandwiches and the Laker game. Paul was insistent on having a Christmas ham--he cooked it all himself :). Maybe it's time I hosted a fancy Christmas dinner...

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE that you were up at 4am and I love gwen and he backpack! Your house is gorgeous! So excited for gno next week!

Rachel Bowden said...

All these pictures are so cute of the girls! I'm glad you guys had a great christmas! We loved your christmas card.