
Gwen is sweet as can be at age three--with a little bit of spice to make things interesting. She is a redhead after all! Gwen has got the concept of opening presents down and was so excited that they were all for her! The day of her birthday was a fun, but mellow day. We had waffles for breakfast, played with friends and Gwen chose to go to Cafe Rio for dinner and Yogurtland for dessert.
A few days after Gwen's birthday we hosted a waffle party for family. Gwen loves waffles and we have a special sourdough start we use to make them that we got from Grant + Kelsey. They are so delicious!

Once again Gwen loved opening her gifts. She had so much fun at her party and was happy the entire evening.

The pictures of her blowing out her candles all came out blurry. I had to include them anyway, so hopefully I will remember how cute she was blowing out her candles. When she turned around and saw her cake, her eyes lit up and she smiled. She tried so hard to blow all the candles out herself. She blew (and spit) while shaking her head frantically back and forth. Another funny thing about her candles--when her guests were first arriving for the party, her cake was on the table as a centerpiece. I had not yet put the candles on the cake. Next thing I know, Gwen's got the candles out of the drawer and put them all (8 or so) on the cake herself. In the process smearing the frosting and some sticking out of the side of the cake. She was so happy and proud of herself. Silly girl was worried mom was going to forget the candles. Thanks for the help, Gwen.


5 comments:
Oh my goodness. She is so cute! She has just enough "spice" to keep you guys entertained and on your toes! Happy birthday Gwen! I can't believe she is already 3!
Wow, 3 already?! She is so adorable! Looks like a great party! Lucky Gwen!
Jill you are a party planner extraordinaire! I love the idea of a waffle party. Gwen is beautiful and I can tell she was so thrilled with her birthday celebration.
What a sweet girl! I need this sourdough start!! Sounds delish!
Happy Birthday Gwen from Cadence and Sienna! May you stay sweet forever!
Post a Comment