Thursday, October 30, 2014

Today


Today I loved being a mother. I cleaned messy faces and kissed them. It's now late and my babes are sleeping and I'm tired. But I want to record my thoughts and happy moments from today.

A few moments of joy... Picking Gwen up from school I watched her run across the playground to me wearing a new hand me down outfit for the first time. I remember Kate wearing that outfit and all of a sudden Gwen looked so big and grown up running across that playground. She's taken some time to adjust to this whole day Kindergarten routine, and I don't blame her. It's a lot for these little people! 

She was full of emotion today. We ate lunch together and she was so eager to tell me all about her day. She told me about music time and carving pumpkins and sang me a song. She was so sweet and helpful with Clara, offering her chips and going in the kitchen to get a knife to cut her more grapes. She loves Clara so much and is always so thoughtful with her. She said "Mom! I know! For Clara's pumpkin let's carve a heart in it because we love her so much". We carved pumpkins together and she was so proud of herself to use the carving tools all by herself. And then so hard on herself, bursting into tears when her mouth didn't turn out as spooky as she had planned. Her emotions, happy and sad are always right on the surface.

Before getting in the bath, naked and all, she showed me her new yoga moves she had learned in class. I loved watching her little body do downward dog, warrior 1 and 2 and tree pose in the nude, with a huge grin on her face.

During storytime we all had belly laughs as Clara entertained us by sitting on the book and then bending down to lick the pages. Not sure what she was trying to do, but we all got a good laugh out of it.

We got the climbing tunnel out today and I waited for the big girls to get home from school so we could show it to Clara together for the first time. Gwen was so excited to play with Clara in it, and Clara did love it. 

The weather was beautiful today. I loved being at home with them and experiencing some of these moments. My house is still a mess but my heart is happy.

No comments: