January was our last month of Disney before our annual passes expired. We got our fill! Gwen was finally tall enough to ride California Screamin' roller coaster. Kate was giving her a pep talk and Gwen was so brave! She loved it! Paul and the big girls went on the rapids ride and got soaked on a cold day. Clara took in the wonder that is Disney. It's been a fun year with our Disney passes!
Gwen and I went on a mommy daughter date to our favorite fairy garden nursery to get ideas and shop and to Starbucks for a cake pop. I love the one on one time I get to spend with my fun-loving Gwen.
A few random photos from the month... me in the back of a police car for the first time! Thankfully I was fighting crime. I spotted a burglar attempting to steal a bike from the neighbors garage. I yelled at him, he left and I called 911. I had to ride in the back of the car to go ID him. I was a little nervous, but so far he hasn't come back for me!
I caught this moment when the girls were laying on the kitchen floor chatting. They are so lucky to have each other. And we celebrated Paul's 35th birthday!
Where's Clara? Loaded up in the shopping cart with a Costco haul and hiding at the post office during a failed passport application attempt.
We celebrated Kate's 9th birthday! For her party she had a "girls afternoon out". She invited Anna, Tessa and Allyson. We went shopping for Mad Libs books at Barnes and Noble, bought chocolate at See's candy, had dinner at Corner Bakery and then went to the movie's.
On Kate's actual birthday she baked her own delicious chocolate cake. Mimi and Papa came over for a special birthday dinner with orange chicken and mashed potatoes, Kate's favorites. At 9 years old Kate is so fun to be around. She is still a book worm and you can find her reading on the couch most afternoons... and hiding under her blankets with a flashlight at 10pm reading a book she just can't put down! She's got an amazing memory and can spit out facts about the spotted leopard she saw a tv show on or the irish folk tale she read about. She's a smartie! She is a great helper and big sister. She wakes us up most mornings at 6:30 am with her piano practice. She still has a tender, caring heart and loves to snuggle. She is learning to play tennis and is already a great skiier, finding her way through the trees on the mountain. We love you, Kate!
And finally, ice cream for dinner when dad's out of town, another Disneyland roller coaster and celebrations on the Bronco's win!









1 comment:
LOVE these updates, Jill!!
Post a Comment