and teaTwo simple, yet very satisfying pleasures in my life at the moment! Paul brought me home some dark chocolate truffles from Austin. He found them at the holy Whole Foods that the hippies of Austin worship. Quite the place, I hear. I could probably write a separate blog post about the goodness found at Whole Foods, as expensive as it might be. Good thing we don't have one too close to us. These truffles could become quite the addiction. And tea. I started drinking herbal tea in college and it quickly became a daily routine for me. I usually drink it first thing in the morning while Kate eats her breakfast and I wait for our heater to warm up the house. As it is getting colder, I also find myself having a cup in the afternoon as well. Those English have got it right with their tea time in the afternoon. I like the idea to slow down a bit, if just for a moment, to enjoy a proper cup of tea. I stick to herbal and my favorite at the moment is celestial seasonings tangerine orange zinger.
And apparently I'm not the only one in the house with an affinity for chocolate. Somehow Kate managed to pull the box off the counter yesterday and I found her happily enjoying them on the kitchen floor, covered in chocolate. I could hardly scold her, as I walked in she held her hand up and offered one to me "choc-late, mommy, choc-late".
And apparently I'm not the only one in the house with an affinity for chocolate. Somehow Kate managed to pull the box off the counter yesterday and I found her happily enjoying them on the kitchen floor, covered in chocolate. I could hardly scold her, as I walked in she held her hand up and offered one to me "choc-late, mommy, choc-late".

2 comments:
Jill! I want to come over and learn about tea, not to mention get a peak of your apartment which Josh reports is to die for. You have great photos on your blog! I can tell I have a lot to learn from you! Mattie Hustedt
That looks completely delightful. I have tried a couple of herbal teas before but haven't found any that I love. However, for the sake of calories I'd much rather drink herbal tea than hot chocolate. I'm going to try this kind you recommended. What other kinds do you like?
Post a Comment