"Mommy, I lost something. Will you help me find it?"
"What did you lose, Kate?"
"Mommy, I lost my home."
The poor girl isn't sure what happened to the life she had before we moved! Soon enough Kate, we will get you a new home! Our stuff is packed (all 7000 lbs of it. seriously? I thought I was a minimalist) and is now somewhere in the middle of America. Hopefully arriving to our new home soon. We finally bought a car (that I love! ok so maybe it kind of looks like a van. or a wagon. or a hatchback? I'm not sure) and now know more than I ever wanted to know about sedans, vans and SUV's. We are on to the next purchase of a washer/dryer. (Are the front loaders really worth it?) Our computer crashed but can be fixed! We are tired of JFK and are happy that we won't have to see that airport anytime too soon. We miss our friends but are looking forward to meeting new ones. And the sunshine, we really love that! Our girls are growing so fast. Kate already wants it to be Halloween so she can wear costumes and eat candy. She is also very into her "doctor-scope" and has to listen to our heart (and eyes, ears, legs, etc) several times a day. Gwen is fat and happy at 18 lbs and has perfected the baby crunch, trying with all her might to sit up. Soon enough! Here are a few photos from our summer so far.
9 comments:
Great to see some pics! Gwen, you are so grown up! I showed this post to Pete and he got a big smile and said "Kate!" in such a sweet voice. He loves that girl!
Congrats on the car! You will love it! And we're so glad you got to California--wow! What a busy time!
So glad you got the car!! Can't wait to see it!
Cute pics!
Front loaders are definately worth every penny. Oohhh, melt my heart for Kate.
Kate is so cute. Kids say such funny things.
We're jealous of your California life! Tell Kate she can come back and visit anytime and we'll take her to the hospital to play with our doctor scopes! :)
It will feel so good to be settled. Sweet ride btw.
18 lbs wow! What a nice healthy baby! Kaia is on the smaller side, we're hoping she'll hit 17 lbs at her 12 month check up...we'll see.
I'm so glad you'll be in my parents ward. I'm excited to see you in December and hope we can get together for a play date. Take care.
HI Jill,
I simply adore the shot of you and baby gwen with the sun glare! it's lovely!
OK so I need your help! I am planning a trip to NYC and need some tips, I know from your blog you used to live there, please tell me some cool out of the way places to visit, eat, see, shop, whatever!
thanks!
xo
kjrsten
(katie's cousin, jill's ex-roomie!)
Post a Comment