Tuesday, August 25, 2009

less words, more pictures

Our lack of blog posts is not due to lack of activities--rather the contrary! We are getting back into our routines, and I'm having a hard time finding space in my day for this blog. These photos give a glimpse of what is happening in and around our (not-so-decorated-it-takes-forever) home and what we are enjoying now.

My cousin Emily's baby, Jackson, and Gwen are just 2 days apart. It was fun having them together. Jackson makes Gwen look like she needs to go on a diet!
We celebrated our 5th anniversary! I love this picture because it depicts how things really are. We both are exhausted from long days at work and home. And it isn't just about Paul and me anymore, Kate couldn't be left out and was trying to sneak into the picture. We celebrated with Thai food sans kids. I think the big trip will have to be saved for next summer.

A few of my favorite things about our new house: the big windows and natural light that comes in. And the old chandelier in the dining room. I'm a sucker for big jewels.





Playing doctor after breakfast.


Results of 20 minutes of crafting time I've found in the last few weeks.

Morning naps. A peek at Kate's newly painted big girl bed. The transition was actually really easy.



Part of our attempt to have a green thumb--flowers in the front.


Cars, ramps, blocks and plenty of dress-up.





Exploring the grass.


Swimming with cousins.


And a tooth! With a big grin to go along. I love those chubby baby cheeks.

3 comments:

Brett and Lisa said...

Looks fun! We definatley want to come out and see your place and you won't have to work too hard to convince us to go camping! We are in! We just have a crazy next 2 weeks - we are trying to fix up and get into our house, but then let's do it!

Unknown said...

congrats on 5 years. I've been in my place 3.5 months and just hung pictures this past weekend.

Emily said...

Wow, so busy. But it looks like very good busy. Your girls are so gorgeous!