Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby!

I couldn't let this day go undocumented! Like every mother can atest, the memories of Gwen's birth and all the events leading up to it, are still so clear in my mind. I can't believe it has already been 1 whole year!  We are so blessed to have Gwen as our "angel baby". And while her nickname might be changed now to "the unloader, make a mess everywhere and squeal baby", we love her just the same. I loved Gwen as a newborn and remember thinking on several occasions, if every baby was as good as you, I think I would have 10. Thankfully I've come to my senses and that is definitely not happening, but she was that good. I loved everything about her newborn stage and it has been so fun to watch her grow.

A few things about Gwen at 1 year old: Still so smiley and giggly, always. Consistently sleeps through the night, thank you. In contrast to her big sister, she is usually a great napper. Today her morning nap was 3 hours. Nice! Loves bananas and green beans and anything really. Last week we gave her an early birthday cupcake and she ate the whole thing. Squeals with excitement whenever she sees the swings at the park. Doesn't sit still for long. Still prefers crawling to walking. Likes to make messes and will unload/empty/undo anything in sight. Does not like wearing her bike helmet. Says mama, dada and hello when holding the phone up to her ear. Will put necklaces and headbands on her head all by herself. Loves to play peekabo. Now has an opinion when her sister takes toys away from her. Makes us all smile, a lot.

Happy 1st Birthday, Gwen!

A snowy March 1 in New Haven, CT 1 year ago. That was fast.

6 comments:

Becca said...

Happy birthday, Gwen! I can't believe it! Ah, I feel the same way about Nathan...if only we could slow time down for these babes.

Little Gwen is looking more and more like Kate to me. what a sweetheart.

Unknown said...

Wow- how exciting! I can't believe she is that old already. We definitely need to come out and visit you guys before they grow up too much!

Kels

Matt and Rachel Bowden said...

wow that did go fast! I can't believe she's one. What a cutie!

Unknown said...

Gwen is growing up so fast! I hope you guys had a great day!

Wendy Chang said...

Happy Birthday Baby Gwen from the Chang Family! I can't believe it's been a year already as well. We miss you all.

LW said...

Wow I can't believe it has already been a year!! How wonderful for her, and her proud parents and sister! Happy Birthday sweet girl!