Books! It seems like I'm either reading a lot or a little and right now it's a lot. I've got about 5 books in progress and more in the queue. One of my favorites at the moment is the "Read Aloud Handbook". It inspired me to try reading a chapter book with Kate and so far it has been a success! We're reading Stuart Little and it's been fun to me to remember a story I read as a kid. It's also reminded me that I need to be more diligent about spending time reading with Gwen. Even though she still wants to eat the book. So it made me extra happy when I found the girls the other night together doing this:
Very Early Mornings--and not because of babies. About a month ago, Paul got asked to teach a scripture study class for high school students called Seminary. The kids go 5 days a week from 6:30-7:15am. Our alarm now goes off at 5:30 am which has been a bit of an adjustment for us all, but Paul is enjoying it and we are getting into a new routine with our mornings here.
Hypnobabies! I'm now teaching classes and enjoying it. I finally got my website up (check me out!) a couple of months ago and Paul is a great Mr. Mom in the evenings that I teach.
I've also done a few fun things lately: I signed up for a tennis class in the evenings at a tennis center down the street from us. Not sure what I'm thinking--I'm terrible, but I am making an effort to improve! And thankfully I'm taking it with some friends who aren't very experienced either, so I don't feel so bad. I think I have a dream of tennis being something we enjoy doing together as a family, if the girls ever like to play? That might be crazy. It is nice to get out of the house and not be called "mommy" for an hour, though.
Also, I took a photo 101 class in LA and the manual setting on my camera is not quite as scary now. I need more practice as this was my attempt at "capturing motion" (shutter speed is a little too slow--oops) but it's trial and error and it's fun!
Talented Friends. Sarah and Amy have taken crafting to a whole new level and are having such success! Way to go! Their headbands and necklaces are adorable and I smiled when I saw 3 girls at church today wearing Sarah's headbands.
Fresh Produce. A friend let us pick up one of her CSA boxes last week and it was beautiful! We really are spoiled with the weather around here and the ability to have such great food grown so close to home year round. And I laughed when I saw the size of the chard. It was bigger than Kate's head.
Spring flowers! It's almost here. And while I can't say it's welcomed with as much anticipation and gratitude as it is when you've been cooped up inside all winter, it is exciting still. These pretty flowers were a gift from sweet friends. And check out our green onions growing in the background. The result of a quick gardening session Kate and I had. Buy green onions from the store. Use them, but save the roots, plant them, place in a sunny window and they grow fast! She's been excited to see them grow and it's fun to have something green in the house. Real garden plans are in the works... but I've never really 'gardened' before, so I'm trying to not get in over my head. Trying to decide between container gardening and the square foot method? Any tips?


8 comments:
I can feel Spring coming! Hooray! Have fun at your tennis class, Jill! I have taken a couple classes, in hopes that I could play with Shane, but I seem to get worse, not better, every time I play!
I wish I could take your hypnobirthing class! I guess I need to be pregnant and in California, huh? Well, the ladies you teach are lucky to have you!
Good luck with the garden! Looks like you're off to a successful start!
You guys have been so busy! I love reading your posts and seeing what you're up to. Wish we lived closer it would be fun to get together. I've started reading to Jordan too (The Mouse and the Motorcycle) but he loses interest SUPER quick so I'm going to check out that book from the library and see if it has any tips. I bookmarked this list...
http://www.sarahjanestudios.com/blog/2010/02/22/chapter-books-for-the-younger-kids/
Thought you might enjoy the list too. Have you been cooking from any good cookbooks lately? I would like to be more adventurous this summer with our produce delivery and try some veggies that are new to us.
wow! You are doing some fun things! Good for you! I am glad to hear the seminary is going OK for you guys... it is quite a life adjustment! We need to get together. Our house is almost not consuming our lives, so lets pick a date to do something fun! let me know what works for you guys!
That is so cool that Paul is teaching seminary now! Any you are teaching hypnobirthing?! I took those classes when I was pregnant and used them during my labor. But I whoosed out after 13 hours of labor and ended up getting an epidural! That is so cool that you did it! :)
Thanks friend for the shout out!!! I am so proud of you and your tennis lessons!!! You go girl! I know Sally and Shane play, you should play with them sometime!
And your website looks fantastic! Nice work friend!
That box of produce looks amazing!! I am really interested in signing up for the summer time.
Jill, you are amazing. You seem to be everything I wish I was. I love your website. I wish I lived there so I could be in business with you. I read the book, "Back Labor No More" that you mention on your website and it was so interesting! I had bad back labor with Carter so I am going to try the method if I have it again.
Hi Jill! I can't believe all the things that you find time for! Reading! Tennis and photography classes! Gardening! hypnobirthing business! (Your website looks great by the way.) I occasionally check out your sewing blog and imagine what life would be like if I had your crafting talents.
Oh, And I love that you commented on our sofas. They were our very first major furniture purchase in our nine years of marriage. The rest of our furniture were wedding gifts. I was so nervous about choosing them, but I really do like them too.
Wow. I am so impressed. Tennis, photography, and not to mention birthing babies without meds.
Maybe I should start getting out of bed before 8 am :)
Post a Comment