Monday, October 18, 2010

this weekend

We had grand plans for pumpkin picking, a birthday party, dinner and fun. Then Kate woke up every hour Friday night wheezing. We'd calm her down, use the inhaler, sit in the steam shower, put her back to bed. Then repeat in a hour or two. So come Saturday morning, our plans were scratched. After a trip to Urgent care, some medicine, Beauty and the Beast and a nap on a rainy Saturday afternoon, we woke up wanting to get out of the house. We thought it would be mellow enough to walk around Roger's Garden and check out the holiday decor. It was so pretty! The girls loved the pumpkins and Christmas trees and we even picked up some lettuce to plant in our winter garden.

Sunday was also pretty mellow. With a lot of time spent in the kitchen. Kate helped me make cake pops and yogurt--she's on the mend.
 
And not really weekend related, but check out our new chairs! I forgot to get a before shot, but they were ugly gray and white. I found them at a yard sale and love the French ballroom feel they have, kind of like these dining chairs. Paul's mom was in town last week for a day and she's just the lady to help with this kind of project! She sewed the new cushion upholstery and with a can of spray paint they are like new. Instant gratification!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Sorry Kate was sick! Glad the evening was so nice. And glad she was able to help with the yummy baking. Did the yogurt work out well? Gorgeous chairs!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I'm so sorry Kate got sick! That is no fun. Parker has been sick with a cough and runny nose and its just never fun to see them so miserable! Glad you guys got out of the house though. By the way, what brand is your double stroller? One of my clients has one like that. I'm on the look out for double strollers!! :)

Wendy Chang said...

We hope Kate is feeling better. Love he chairs!

Lynsey said...

Sounds like a fun, and eventful weekend! I hope Kate is feeling better and on the mend! I'm always so impressed with all your activities! I need to be more createive! Also we'll be home for thanksgiving so if you're around we'll see you on Sunday!