The short month flew by! A few highlights:
Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf! This is a favorite at our house. The Pacific Symphony put on a production for children and Kate and I spent a Saturday morning there. She loved seeing all the instruments and the watching the mime company dance along.
Valentine's Day. We spent a couple of afternoons making Valentine's for Kate's class and a few decorations for the house. A baby shower for my cousin, Emily. She was in town from Florida and I helped my mom host a lunch for our family to celebrate her baby girl! Emily is the sister I never had and I'm so excited for her to have a girl!
Kate ditched preschool so we could check out California Adventures. Gwen got her Mickey Mouse fix and the girls loved the Toy Story ride.
Race on the Base! My house has been a mess this whole month as I've spent time training for my first triathlon. My friend, Stephanie, and I did it together--it made it much more fun. Friday night before the race it was so stormy and rainy outside. The weather forecast was a 100% chance of rain for Saturday. I screamed when I woke up Saturday morning to blue skies!! I was so happy to see the sunshine. It was really windy on the bike, but at least it wasn't raining! And I've now eaten dessert two nights in a row :)





8 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful month. I'm proud of you for doing a triathlon--you're an inspiration. Maybe some day I'll work up the guts (and stamina) to do one. And, that party for your cousin looks amazing. What great hostesses.
Jill, you are so awesome!! Nice job on the triathlon!!
What a fun February!!
Sally and I were just talking about how we need to get a fun date night planned soon. Or a sunday family game night! We miss you guys!
Congrats on the triathalon!
And...I love how Gwen is squeezing Mickey's nose off.
You are AMAZING ! ! !
great job on the race! Man... I think I eat dessert everynight in a row!
Cute blog! I looked at your sewing one too - I didn't know! You're quite the talented, creative lady. I'm impressed:)
Awesome job on the tri! 2 kids would make working out a lot less easy. Keep on eating that dessert, you deserve it.
You are one amazing woman. I love the crayon heart idea and am thinking of making some like that with our broken crayons.
Post a Comment