Friday, October 19, 2007

Leaf Peeping

Funny term, huh? I learned the term when we first moved to the East Coast. People actually plan entire vacations on ‘peeping’ leaves. And after being ‘peepers’ today ourselves, we can see why. The pictures don’t do the colors justice.






After the jack-o-lantern blaze we spent the night in Danbury. We took our time coming home today and drove for about 5 hours--it was entertaining the whole way. That and we were being silly making fun of ourselves as leaf 'peepers'. Kate likes her new car seat and took 2 naps in it today. She really is a good little traveler and puts up with us dragging her everywhere when all she wants to do now is crawl around and explore.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I love the pictures!

Kristy said...

Great pictures! It seems like the fall colors are really at peak this week.

Becca said...

Seriously great photography, guys! Looks like a blast!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh...so beautiful!! You guys are lucky!!

Patience said...

I am so jealous!! Fall is absolutely my favorite time of the year in New England. We don't get that here in San Francisco. I go crazy this time of year because I miss home so much. I hope we end up back East some day again. My mom sends me pictures of the foliage to make me feel better. I have never heard the term Leaf peepers before. Maybe that is a regional thing.

Jacki said...

I love your pictures! My favorite are the one with Paul and Kate and the one with you and Kate