
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
January 23, 2007
Today I’ve been thinking a lot about Jan. 23, 2007. After walking to the hospital for an appointment and back home, through Central Park and up and down Columbus Avenue, I’d managed to walk about 6 miles. I was pretty active throughout my pregnancy, but not usually that active. As if that wasn’t enough, I walked up the stairs to our 16th floor apartment 5 times that day. That night (which happened to be my due date) I successfully put myself into labor! Soon after (although it felt very long) kate was born in the early morning on Jan 24th. It’s funny how I remember so many details about that night—yet at the same time it all seems a little fuzzy. I’m sure that’s nature’s way of allowing us to do it all over again. (Although I don’t think I’ve forgotten enough, just yet.) I was going through our pictures of Kate’ birth and our first days with her and of course couldn’t pick a favorite, so here’s a sampling. One of my favorites is kate on her way home in the taxi. Welcome to the world baby!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Happy Birthday Baby Kate!
I can't believe it has been a year. It goes so quick. I was so good spending time with you guys!! Happy Birthday Kate.
I know what you mean. Time flies! Happy birthday Kate!
How well I remember those wonderful first days of Kate's life. I'm so happy I could be a part of them! I have a vivid memory of Paul walking around the apartment with her and he was wearing his sound-proof headphones!Kate is such a beauty...just like her mom! Happy Birthday Kate!
Such special times. I love the taxi picture, too. Perfect for a NYC baby!
Happy Birthday, Kate!
I proud of you sis. You are such a great mom and Kate is so cute. I wish you guys were closer so we could see you more. It must be hard for Kate to be away from her favorite uncle for such long periods of time...love Jay
ahhh... I just love those newborn pictures. It is so incredible to think about that painful, yet oh so magical moment when your baby is born. Ryan is only 2 months and I still look at his newborn pictures and cry!
Post a Comment