Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sunny Florida

Kate and I were fortunate enough to leave Paul at home to finish out his finals and visit my cousin, Emily, in St. Cloud, Florida just outside of Orlando. It was a great time of year to visit, we had beautiful, warm weather. Emily and Daniel were extremely gracious hosts and spoiled us while we were there.
Emily and I grew up in Long Beach together with all brothers. She is the sister I never had. It was so much fun seeing her again--I wish we lived closer!
Daniel's parents have an amazing house. Kate especially loved the fish and would constantly put her arms out to Daniel to hold her so she could get a better look at the "ish".

We went off roading on a little "safari" to check out all the animals on Daniel's parent's property. Yes those are zebra and water buffalo. We also saw emu, a steer, geese, donkeys and Daniel's beloved hogs and hunting dogs. Kate loved looking at all the animals.
The weather was gorgeous the entire weekend. We spent a lot of time outdoors enjoying the beach and pool. The water was so warm!
Emily and Daniel have 3 dogs and 1 of them just had a litter of puppies. Kate loved looking at the dogs but didn't want to get too close.

Quite the little traveler--her summer travels have just begun!



4 comments:

Kristy said...

What a fun trip! Kate looks so cute sitting on the airplane, reading her book. So why do they have those animals on their property? I'm curious why one would have zebra and water buffalo.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun! Hey are you going to be in Cali when grandma and grandpa and the rest of the fam are going to go to New Port Beach.

Maria said...

Looks like a great trip. But I wouldn't expect anything less. You guys know how to have a good time. :)

Joyce said...

How fun!! Kate looks so cute sitting and reading her book on the plane!