Sunday, September 7, 2008

Brimfield

Yesterday my friend Becca and I left the kids at home and headed out to the biggest antique show in the country! Brimfield is about an hour away in Western Massachusetts. I remember reading about this antique show in a Martha Stewart Living magazine back when we lived in New York. It happens 3 times a year and I was determined to go this year--especially since we aren't sure if we will be on the East Coast next time around. Threats of hurricane Hannah coming our way didn't stop us! We actually lucked out with the rain and just had to suffer through some stifling humidity. Something about not having a whining child to tote around makes dealing with it a little easier, though. We ended up having a great time sauntering through all the different booths and checking out the wares. You can find everything there from furniture to textiles to dishes. Some of it's cheap and some of it's not. We found these amazing chocolate molds that were crazy expensive. $100 for a 4 inch mold! I guess you have to be a serious collector. We ended up with some great finds. Vintage white tablecloths, knitting needles, a few old children's books, ribbon, a vintage apron and an American Christmas tablecloth from the 1940's. I think my favorite find of the day was this little wooden children's stove and oven. It cleaned up great and was a steal! Kate is really getting into pretend play and I'm already brainstorming about how to gussy this little kitchen up.


We were having too much fun shopping to take pictures, so this is the only one I took at the show. Can you tell I like red and polka dots? For some prettier pictures of Brimfield, click here.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Such a great day! That oven is so sweet--definitely the best buy of the day!

Maria said...

I love the oven!

Brooke Williams said...

jill, hey it's brooke rane--i found your site thru becca's and we ran into you there. anyhow, i thought i recognized you because we were in the same "married" ward back in utah at byu. anyhow, funny to end up in the same place--we used to live there in new haven and now moved a bit further north in the stake. i love your find at brimfield, wasn't it fun?! that little play oven is awesome and i love your style...