Friday, September 5, 2008

Our Labor Day Project

So Jill has been wanting to buy a new rocking chair for our nursery for awhile now (the nesting is beginning already...) and we decided that instead of buying a new one we would try to sand and repaint the antique chair that has been on our porch. We bought the chair from the previous tenants for $25 when we moved in because we thought it would be a nice addition to the porch, we never thought it might be a nice furniture addition someday!

Anyway, after two trips to Lowes and one trip to Home Depot, we sanded it (what a pain!), primed it, sprayed on two coats of paint, and finished with a clear coat. Kate was directing the job while enjoying her "sucka".


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

leslie said...

looks great! I can't believe you got that rocker for $25.oo it looks really expensive!
love
MOM

Becca said...

Wow, you guys are so resourceful! Nice job!

Kristy said...

Way to be a handy man, Paul. The rocking chair looks great!

Maria said...

I am so happy for you guys. Skyler told me the news and I have been meaning to call Jill. Keep the posts coming. It is always so fun reading about your family adventures.

Jill said...

Wow Paul...I am quite impressed. Looks great!