Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

6 things I'm thankful for today...

1. Learning. I'm taking advantage of student life this semester by going back to school! Yale allows spouses of students to audit classes and this morning I attended the second lecture for the Advanced Midwifery Care class I'm auditing. It feels great to be in a classroom again! {And even better to not have to worry about taking the exams.}
2. The harvest in our kitchen. A culmination of a trip to the farmer's market and one mega-grocery-shopping run to the produce store, Costco and Trader Joe's! All done in just over an hour! {disclaimer: I was alone and they are all on the same street within a mile of each other}. But it feels great to have a full fridge, meals planned and delicious in-season produce to eat! Eating is one thing we are very good at. Just see below.
3. A peaceful lunch. Tomato soup, a quesadilla and silence. Thank goodness for naps.
4. A successful and somewhat enjoyable-for-all shopping trip with baby! With the help of stickers from the dollar store, a sucker and some animal crackers, Kate happily sat in the cart at Joanne's for 45 minutes! The last time this feat was accomplished she was probably 4 months old and sleeping. The fabric will hopefully come together as a Christmas gift...
5. Paul, of course. Because number 1 and 2 wouldn't have been able to happen if he weren't home chasing Kate around the house. He does a fantastic job at it. Kate has become so attached to her daddy and asks for him all day when he's gone.

6. Our energetic, opinionated and fun-loving Kate.

5 comments:

Trisha said...

I think taking classes without tests would be a lot of fun also! I also think that you should start posting your dinner menus....I have such a hard time thinking of things to make.

Jill said...

Great post, Jill! Miss that cute Kate. That is really great that you can go to classes.

Unknown said...

Jill-- how cool to audit classes. Do you want to be a midwife? That is just so neat. Who watched Kate while your in class?

P.S. I am going private on my blog, but would love to keep in touch. See my blog for details.

Jamie C. said...

Very exciting to be taking classes. If I had the faintest idea of who I could leave my girls with, I'd be back taking more classes in a heart beat! And please do share your ideas for Christmas presents. I can't seem to come up with anything!

Kristy said...

That's great that you are taking a class this semester. I never took advantage of that and wish that I would have. Oh, how I miss that M&M, trader joe's and costco shopping trip. Did you get the tomato soup at Trader Joe's? It is so yummy when you add a little bit of dried basil to it. You'll have to try it some time.