Friday, October 31, 2008

weekend in NYC

lucky me. Mom came to visit and we spent last weekend in Manhattan. Paul stayed with Kate in Connecticut while we crammed as much as possible into the two short days we had alone. Not wanting to miss out on all the fun, they met us for our last night in the city. We put Kate to bed, got a babysitter and went out on the town. It was a great weekend and we had fun visiting our favorite places. The only thing that would have made it better was if Dad could have made it!

cab rides in midtown
browsing the "miles of books" at The Strand bookstore in Union Square. I love books.strolling around Sohoshopping and being inspired at Purl in Soho. I've now got four new knitting projects in the works.
a night out to see Grease on Broadwaywandering through the MOMA. can you find the Pregnant Picasso? Note the resemblance :)
dinner at Babbo (perhaps one of the best restaurants in NYC)
a walk through the west village

I need more weekends like this one.

8 comments:

Becca said...

WOW! Way to go! you guys really fit it all in! So fun!

Kristy said...

I would really love to spend a few days in NYC with you sometime and have you show me all your favorite, cool places! It looks like you had a fabulous time. I think we may need to spend a girls weekend there sometime. What do you say??

Unknown said...

Ok, so how did you get into Babbo? What connection do you have and could you hook me up? I can't seem to get in. I am not cool enough. Please help!

Jill said...

How fun, just the 2 of you!

Unknown said...

You Look awesome prego. Sounds like a movie star weekend in NYC. Fun!

Kim said...

What a great weekend! I love it when moms come to visit.

Amy said...

What a fun weekend in NY! The next time you are in NY and have more time, let's get together for sure. You have a really cute little bump-congrats on the pregnancy. (I don't think I told you that yet...oops!)

Maria said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! You make such a cute pregnant lady.