Sunday, August 19, 2007

Our Weekend





We had a great weekend. We are trying to explore New Haven and see what it has to offer. So, in our attempts to do so we had to order pizza. Whenever you ask anyone about restaurants in New Haven (the verdict is still up if there are any good ones) everyone recommends the pizza. There are 3 pizza places around that have lines out the door every evening. Trying to avoid the lines and appease Kate, we ordered out. We tried Modern APizza and while tasty... I would still chose Patsy's in New York over it any day. We still have to try the other 2 pizza places but for now I'll keep my expectations low.

Saturday Paul finished up his orientation with the Strozzi Institute and brought home his very own "Jo" stick. He demonstrated his new martial arts skills to me... I didn't know this is what they taught in business school, but somehow it relates to being a leader. We did the usual errands in the afternoon and then took a picnic down to the New Haven shore for dinner. It is actually quite scenic and better than I was expecting. We also drove up to the top of East Rock, the park that our neighborhood is named after, and got a panoramic view of New Haven and Yale. At the top of the summit is the "Soldiers and Sailors Monument" that was put up in 1887 to honor New Haven men who gave their lives in the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Mexican War, and the Civil War. I think Kate's favorite part of the weekend was riding in the shopping cart at Lowe's... she loved it.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Very interesting that he came home with a 'Jo' stick. I guess we better stay on Paul's good side or we are in trouble.

Brett and Lisa said...

I think that it is hard to compare NYC pizza... it is kind of on a different level. We'll eat some for you:)!