Monday, March 30, 2009

i did it

i survived my first day home alone with these two. I know, I've been spoiled. The timing was perfect. My mom was in town to help for a week after Gwen was born and then Paul had two weeks off for Spring Break. We really are going to miss the student life. With Paul back at school, today was my first day on my own all day. We had a last minute play date with some old friends from New York, both kids napped at the same time (hooray) and we made it out of the house for a trip to the library. There were only a few tears and a lot of what you see below. Gwen sleeping, Kate naked and lots of messes. That's one thing I haven't got under control. How do you keep your house clean when you've got a tornado (translates toddler) following behind you messing everything up? Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Trisha said...

I'm jealous that your husband has been home for so long!! Kyle didn't take any time off from work...I guess his boss is kinda strict:)! No tips here for keeping a clean house, it's been hard for me to keep up since Nixon arrived (will the laundry ever end?)

Unknown said...

Wow, Jill! I didn't know it was your first day back on your own! I am sorry I barged in on you like that! you really do seem to have it together! It was great to see you and you look great! Thanks for the playdate!

Brett and Lisa said...

Good job surviving the day! i don't have 2, but I do have a tornado - a boy version! I have just decided that my cleaning up happens at night for the most part. I put on a show a clean. If I have to do the bathroom - I just do ir during commercials... less boring that way!

Becca said...

Jill! Way to go! I was thinking of you yesterday! I only wish we were in town so Kate could come and play at our house. Good luck adjusting--I am sure things with the house, etc., will calm down as time passes. You'll have to let me know what you figure out.

sandee said...

You are amazing Jill - about the messes......you ignor them and pick up at night....(I know, easier said than done) (: "Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow, for babies grow up I've learned to my sorrow....So quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!" Love you guys !

Emily said...

Congrats! I'm glad Kate is starting to adjust to having Gwen around. Lucky you having Paul home for 2 solid weeks. The quick undresser story made me laugh. And wince a little thinking of the future. It already takes me too long to get out of the house!