Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Furry Friends

We don't have pets in our house. I have kids. What do I need pets for? If I'm feeding mouths and cleaning bottoms, I'd rather have them be of the human variety. I'll wait until the kids are old enough to help take care of the pets, then maybe we'll talk about it. That said, my girls love furry friends, and don't get to love them very often.

They were so excited when I announced the other morning that we were headed down to Zoomar's petting zoo in San Juan Capistrano. And even more excited when I told them their cousins would be there! 

They loved feeding goats, holding rabbits and guinea pigs and chasing after chickens. I loved not having to clean up the smelly mess.





3 comments:

Mattie said...

Your girls are getting so big! Looks like a lot of fun in the California sunshine!

Becca said...

My pet philosophy is exactly the same, Jill. I have enough things to keep alive!

Kari said...

Jill, I am pretty sure Ruth and I were just at that very same petting zoo in San Juan Capistrano! It is such a cute place and fun area to walk around. Oh how I miss Southern California...and you guys! You have the cutest little girls!