Saturday we spent the day in Newport, RI. It is a charming coastal town famous for it's ostentatious mansions. They are gorgeous!
We spent the first part of our day driving along the coast trying to get Kate to take a nap. It was a cold day but the sun was out and the ocean was a beautiful sparkling blue.
Most of the mansions are now owned by the Newport Historical Preservation Society and no longer occupied by the opulent aristocrats. And to think that these mansions were only their summer homes!
Becca and I toured this mansion, The Breakers, formerly owned by the notable Vanderbilt family, while Paul and Shane took the squirmy babies to the library to crawl around.

It really was impressive and festively decorated for the holidays. One of our favorite things about the mansion was the monogrammed china--imagine eating breakfast off that plate every morning!
Kate's favorite part of the day was riding on Paul's shoulders. She likes the view from up high, but every few minutes she tries to bend around to look at Paul's face--to make sure it's still daddy, of course.
We spent the first part of our day driving along the coast trying to get Kate to take a nap. It was a cold day but the sun was out and the ocean was a beautiful sparkling blue.
Most of the mansions are now owned by the Newport Historical Preservation Society and no longer occupied by the opulent aristocrats. And to think that these mansions were only their summer homes!
Becca and I toured this mansion, The Breakers, formerly owned by the notable Vanderbilt family, while Paul and Shane took the squirmy babies to the library to crawl around.
It really was impressive and festively decorated for the holidays. One of our favorite things about the mansion was the monogrammed china--imagine eating breakfast off that plate every morning!
Kate's favorite part of the day was riding on Paul's shoulders. She likes the view from up high, but every few minutes she tries to bend around to look at Paul's face--to make sure it's still daddy, of course.
3 comments:
I just tagged you. Please go to our blog to see what you have to do. :) I know it is silly so I will not be offended if you don't do it.
I love the pictures. Wish we lived closer so we could tag along for all the fun stuff.
Just when I think your blog can't get any cuter...seriously! We went to Newport when we were back there and I LOVED it! So beautiful!
I love the idea of a recipe blog. I need casserole ideas because Tanner needs to eat veggies and meat but he will only eat them if they are mixed in with stuff he likes with yummy flavor. I am on board, just let me know where to go. :)
As for the quilt I found the idea on a site you recommended when you made the little elephant. It was called Henry's quilt and I think it was supposed to be a doll quilt. I just adjusted it a little to fit a crib and added the ruffle.
Post a Comment