Friday, November 30, 2007

Pumpkin, my love

I really do love all things pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin cake, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin chili... the list goes on. So when I came across this recipe for Pumpkin Bread with a twist--cranberries--I had to make it. Yes, it was delicious.

Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
This recipe uses either two standard loaf pans, or three aluminum foil loaf pans.

• 1- 3 / 4 cup canned pumpkin (one small can)
• 2/3 cup butter, melted
• 3 cups sugar
• 4 eggs
• 3-1/2 cups flour
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp nutmeg
• 1 / 2 tsp cloves
• 2 tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 / 2 tsp salt
• 2/3 cup water
• 1 / 2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
• 1 cup chopped fresh or dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Combine the eggs, pumpkin, butter, and water in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, plus the nuts and cranberries. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix with a wooden spoon by hand. Mix until the batter is combined, but don’t over mix. Grease the pans, and distribute the batter equally in the pans (should fill each about half way up). Bake for 1 hour.

Recipe via DesignSponge

Speaking of recipes... I love trying new ones and reading recipe blogs. I know some of you already contribute to recipe blogs but for those who don't, I'm thinking of starting one...anyone interested?

2 comments:

Kim said...

that looks sooo yummy! what do you think it would be like without the nuts....we think Bryson is allergic and as long as i'm still nursing...no nutz for me. :o( I love trying new recipes and I get a lot from other peps recipe blogs but if you start one, let me know. Les is trying to start cooking more too so I will let her know about your blog.

Jill said...

Hi Kim- You can't really taste the nuts too much so I think it would still be good without--just leave them out!