I've kept busy these past few weeks with lots of projects. (Not that Kate doesn't keep me busy enough!) There are so many great craft and sewing blogs out there with tons of projects to inspire. One I like to read is
The Purl Bee authored by the masterminds at
Purl Soho. I still can't believe I didn't find out about the shop until I had moved out of Manhattan! I guess being a working girl and pregnant I was too exhausted to think about crafting. I got the idea to make some simple
cloth napkins here. I made some for us and some for our Thanksgiving hosts, the Lloyds. Lately we have been using cloth napkins more often during our regular dinners. It makes dinner feel a little more special, plus it helps to conserve and save money on paper napkins.

Paul and I have matching Christmas stockings and I looked everywhere last year trying to find one similar for Kate. I didn't have any luck so I decided it wouldn't be too hard to make one myself. It ended up being a little trickier than I thought trying to line them, use batting, sequins, sew on her name, etc. But it's done in time for Santa to fill it up! There are a few other projects in the wings, but I don't want to ruin any surprises! Now it's on to Christmas cards...
Notice we are still sporting the humble 3 foot Christmas tree. We decided it will have to suffice until we stay home for Christmas. Then we'll get the real thing.
2 comments:
We are loving our napkins! They do make dinner seem special! Thanks!
I'm just working on stockings myself--yours look fantastic! Santa will really want to fill those up.
I love the stockings!!! you did a great job. Where are you guys headed for Christmas???
Post a Comment