
This girl loves her daddy. So do I. One of Kate's favorite things to do at our house in Connecticut is stare out the mailbox and watch people going by on the street. Usually it's an enjoyable activity for her. Except when Daddy leaves the house. I'm pretty sure most of our neighbors are acquainted with Kate's cry by now. Every morning daddy kisses her good bye and she watches him walk out the door. No distraction will convince her otherwise, she knows Daddy has left and she's not happy about it. She runs to the mailbox and watches him go, crying for her daddy. Paul says her cries can be heard down the street as he walks to the bus. Poor Kate. Several times a day she'll go look out that mailbox and I'm convinced that she's checking to see if daddy is coming up the porch yet. When he does, he is greeted with smiles and giggles.



It really is precious to watch the relationship between your daughter and your husband. Two people I love the most. Something about a dad with his daughter. Always gentle and always kind, trying to teach her the ways of the world, yet wanting to shelter her from any harm. I feel blessed to have a husband who treats his daughter this way and as well as a Father who treats me this way. Happy Father's Day.
1 comment:
It sounds like you guys are having a great summer so far. Your herb garden inspired me and I used some of our leftover topsoil and potting soil and planted a few things...I'm trying dill, oregano, basil and parsley. We'll see how it goes. I'm afraid the wind here might get the best of them!
Post a Comment