Thursday, June 12, 2008

Exploring

One great thing about our neighborhood in Connecticut is there are lots of interesting places to take walks. Definitely not as interesting as Central Park (I used to walk there for hours) but still, lots of different trails, parks, museums, etc that we can walk to. I really enjoy taking walks with Kate and I think it allows us to do something together, yet we both get to zone out and enjoy some quiet time. Lately I've been feeling a little bored with our walks here. Sure we could drive down to the beach and walk there, but it creates a big ordeal of getting in the car, driving, parking, then Kate doesn't want to get in her stroller because she's been in the car seat. You get the idea.
I remembered and old Ranch that we used to visit for field trips when I was in Elementary school. It's a nice walk from my parents house, so I thought we would check it out. It turned out to be a really great outing. There were horses and a few chickens for Kate to look at. She was also fascinated with the flies all over the horses. There were also a bunch of different gardens around. The layout of the gardens made you feel as if you were in a maze. There were even little secret gardens with gates that were hidden. Kate loved wandering around and it was nice to find such a peaceful spot.







As we were heading out we spotted these guys. Just jolly old men with a passion for old model cars. They were there for a magazine shoot so they didn't mind posing for another picture. Too bad we didn't get a ride.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Where was this place at? Great pictures, by the way!