
I love this time of year. The leaves are just starting to turn, the weather is becoming crisp and the fruit is ripe. We are lucky to live so close to a few great fruit orchards. We took advantage of it again today and went and picked apples and raspberries. The fruit is so tasty, cheaper than the grocery store and there is something nice about knowing exactly where it came from.

Next to the raspberry bushes there was a pond full of lily pads with flowers on them.

What to do with all the apples but make apple pie! My first attempt at making apple pie was about 5 years ago when I got ambitious on Thanksgiving. It took me all day to make that pie and I swore I would never do it again. I gave it another shot-- thankfully my baking skills have improved and it only took an hour or so (plus baking time). It was so good!

Oh, I almost forgot! My day started with these beautiful flowers at my door. Aren't they lovely? {Thanks Pablo}
4 comments:
Looks like a ton of fun. My mom is actually coming out this week and I told Kels that we could go apple picking with her and make apple pie! I guess that is one plus of living where we live. I don't imagine going apple picking and hiking living in LB. I'll let you know how it turns out. It will be my 1st attempt. Wish me luck!
I think you should change your name to Martha.
I LOVE to make apple pies. I'll let you in on a secret for the crust. When you bake it I take a sheet of tin foil the size of the pie and cut a large hole in the center to create like a donut around the outer crust. You bake the pie for 40 minutes like that and then the last 20 or so minutes you take it off. It makes a great rim for the pie. Never too brown.
wow that pie looks really good ..mmmmm...
Post a Comment